What if I pump my septic tank every year or every two years?

While pumping your septic tanks every three years is a requirement, many experts in the field will recommend a more frequent maintenance program. If you do have your system serviced at a more frequent time interval, you may provide your pumper with a copy of the pumping form for them to fill out and return to the County. If you do not have a form, please contact Portage County Planning and Zoning Department to obtain one, at 715-346-1334, or you may access a form online. Portage County will continue to send pumping reminders every three years from the last date we have on record.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a zoning permit?
2. When do I need a permit from Land and Water Conservation?
3. How do I rezone my property?
4. Who can help me with shoreland erosion issues?
5. How do I prepare a nutrient management plan?
6. How do I report manure runoff?
7. What is cost sharing and what can it be used for?
8. Is there a fee for Land and Water Conservation staff assistance?
9. What is a POWTS?
10. What is the reason for POWTS regulation?
11. What is required of me as a POWTS owner?
12. Where can I find the regulations regarding POWTS maintenance?
13. What is the Inventory and Maintenance Program?
14. What is the on-line POWTS maintenance reporting system?
15. What happens if I refuse to do POWTS maintenance?
16. What if I pump my septic tank every year or every two years?
17. What do I do with my POWTS after a flood?