What happens if I refuse to do POWTS maintenance?

Legal action will be taken in the form of a Summons and Complaint requiring court appearance. You may respond to the Summons and Complaint by either contacting the Planning and Zoning Department before the court date or by appearing in court. If you fail to respond, a judgment will be issued against you in the amount of $5,000 until we gain compliance. A forfeiture amount will be determined at the time of compliance.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a zoning permit?
2. When do I need a permit from Land and Water Conservation?
3. How do I rezone my property?
4. Who can help me with shoreland erosion issues?
5. How do I prepare a nutrient management plan?
6. How do I report manure runoff?
7. What is cost sharing and what can it be used for?
8. Is there a fee for Land and Water Conservation staff assistance?
9. What is a POWTS?
10. What is the reason for POWTS regulation?
11. What is required of me as a POWTS owner?
12. Where can I find the regulations regarding POWTS maintenance?
13. What is the Inventory and Maintenance Program?
14. What is the on-line POWTS maintenance reporting system?
15. What happens if I refuse to do POWTS maintenance?
16. What if I pump my septic tank every year or every two years?
17. What do I do with my POWTS after a flood?