What is required of me as a POWTS owner?

After this initial information goes out and the inventory is completed, the County will begin sending out parcel-specific information and pumping notices. The pumping notice will have questions on it that need to be answered, thus you will have to contact a licensed pumper to come out to inspect your system and get it pumped. Once the pumping form is completed, you need to return it to the Planning and Zoning Department within the allotted timeframe. Once your POWTS is entered into our system, you will receive pumping notices every three years reminding you that your system is due to be pumped.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a zoning permit?
2. When do I need a permit from Land and Water Conservation?
3. How do I rezone my property?
4. Who can help me with shoreland erosion issues?
5. How do I prepare a nutrient management plan?
6. How do I report manure runoff?
7. What is cost sharing and what can it be used for?
8. Is there a fee for Land and Water Conservation staff assistance?
9. What is a POWTS?
10. What is the reason for POWTS regulation?
11. What is required of me as a POWTS owner?
12. Where can I find the regulations regarding POWTS maintenance?
13. What is the Inventory and Maintenance Program?
14. What is the on-line POWTS maintenance reporting system?
15. What happens if I refuse to do POWTS maintenance?
16. What if I pump my septic tank every year or every two years?
17. What do I do with my POWTS after a flood?