Military Retirement

Reserve Retirement Connections

Members eligible for Reserve retirement must request retired pay from the military department in which they last served. Payment is not made until requested. All departments will use DD Form 2656 to process the retirement application for reservists and national guard members.

  • Retirement Services Officer - Fort McCoy
    Retiree Military Personnel Division
    Attention: AFRC-FM-PAM-R
    S "M" Street (Building 1441)
    Fort McCoy, WI 54656-5141
    Phone: 608-388-3716
    Alternative Phone: 800-452-0923
  • Retiree Activities Office (RAO) - Madison

    2400 Wright Street, Room 236
    Madison, WI 53704-1439
    Tuesday and Thursday
    Phone: 0730-1130 (leave a message on voice mail)
    Monday through Friday
    07:30 am to 4 pm
    Phone: 608-242-3115

  • Retiree Activities Office - Milwaukee
    128th ARW, Retiree Activities Office
    1835 E Grange Avenue Building 512
    Milwaukee, WI 53207
    Tuesday and Wednesday
    10 am to 4 pm
    Phone: 414-944-8212

Department of the Air Force

The Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard will need to complete their retirement packet to be eligible for retirement pay at age 60, or earlier if service in a hazardous duty area after 2008. Reserve and National Guard retirees who are approaching retirement age and had transferred to the Air Reserve Personnel Center (ARPC) will receive a packet in the mail. If you elected to be discharged you will need to request a packet. The address for the pack request and to return the packet is below, this address is used for all retirement application processing.

  • Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center / DPTTR
    18420 E Silver Creek Avenue
    Building 390, MS68
    Buckley AFB, CO 80011-9502
    Toll-free: 800-525-0102

Air Force veterans completing 20 years of active duty will complete their retirement packet prior to their retirement separation.

US Army & Army National Guard

The Department of the Army Human Resources Command (USA HRC) processes retirement for Army Reserve and Army National Guard members when they are reaching retirement age. A checklist is available to assist grey area retirees in processing their request for retirement. The second page of the checklist is the DD Form 108 which must have parts filled out before submission. To apply for retirement benefits the entire checklist and copies of all documents must be forwarded to USA HRC.

The Army HRC will process component retirements to ensure soldiers eligible for retirement pay are processed correctly. Your National Guard or Reserve retirement will be converted to an Army retirement by HRC. Submit your application by using one of the methods below:

  • Department of the Army
    Human Resources Command
    Attention: AHRC PDP Trail
    1600 Spearhead Division Avenue Department 482
    Fort Knox, KY 40122

The application may also be emailed or faxed: Please ensure you are encrypting your email to prevent your identity from being stolen. Scan and email: US Army and Army National Guard

(File must be less than 3 megs)
Fax: 502-613-4524

Department of the Navy

The Navy Reserves has published a how-to guide for Navy Reserve grey area retirees to help Navy reservists complete the required documents for retirement.

Mail all forms with original signatures to:

  • Commander
    Navy Personnel Command (PERS-921E)
    5720 Integrity Drive
    Millington, TN 38055