The Transfer Facility is unable to accept asbestos, medical wastes, items with radioactive materials (smoke alarms and exit signs), fire extinguishers, or yard waste (lawn clippings, leaves, branches less than 6 inches in diameter, etc.).
Any large demolition projects, such as the removal of a house or barn, need to contact our office at least 48 hours in advance to make sure we can handle the increased volume of material. If no advance call, customers may be directed to go straight to the landfill if we cannot handle the volume. Call 715-343-6297.
All loads must be secured, using a cover or straps, or completely enclosed within your vehicle or trailer during delivery. Unsecured loads may be refused or subject to a $10 surcharge.
- 2023 Solid Waste and Recycling Fees - English (PDF)
- 2023 Solid Waste and Recycling Fees - Hmong (PDF)
- 2023 Solid Waste and Recycling Fees - Spanish (PDF)
- Wear appropriate footwear, please no sandals or open-toed shoes. Broken glass and nails may be present on the Transfer Facility floor and surrounding pavement.
- Solid Waste Department staff does not unload vehicles, please be prepared to unload your materials.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed outside of vehicles in the Transfer Facility.
- No pets are allowed, and all pets must remain in vehicles at all times while on Portage County Solid Waste Department property, including all parking lots.