Wisconsin Well Woman Program
- A free statewide breast and cervical cancer screening program for women ages 40-64.
- Funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Coordinated by the WI Well Women Program office through Portage County Health and Human Services Public Health Division covering Clark, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Portage, Taylor, and Wood Counties.
- Applicants must enroll through a Regional Coordinating Office (PDF).
- Overview Video (DHSWI video)
- No insurance or major medical with a high deductible.
- Income at or below 250% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Household size of 1 = up t0 $31,900
- Household size of 2 = up to $43,100
- Household size of 3 = up to $54,300
- Household size of 4 = up to $65,500
- Household size of 5+ = call for additional family members
women from age 40 to 64, breast and cervical screening services
Women under 40 who have a current symptom may be eligible for breast services - you must contact the coordinator first.
Covered Services: Breast & Cervical Services Only
- If you choose to have services not covered by Wisconsin Well Woman Program (WWWP) at your appointment you will be responsible to pay for those services.
- (Only when related to screening for WWWP services)
- Preventative Medicine New Client office visit
- Preventative Medicine Established Client office visit
- Breast exam (manual exam performed during an office visit)
- Mammogram (breast x-ray) - 3D mammograms are now acceptable
- Breast ultrasound
- Other breast biopsies may be covered with prior approval. Please contact the WWWP office at 715-345-5776 if you need additional breast services.
- PAP test
- Pelvic exam (only if PAP tests are also performed)
- Colposcopy (with or without biopsy)
- Other cervical biopsy services may be covered with prior approval. Please contact the WWWP office at 715-345-5776 if you need additional cervical services.
WWWP does not pay for blood tests or prescription medication.
Please Note: Enrollment must be completed and approved through a WWWP Regional Office prior to contacting any WWWP provider for screening services.WWWP Enrollment can be completed by phone for Clark, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Portage, Taylor, and Wood Counties.
- English and Spanish - 715-345-5776
- Hmong 715-345-5768
When WWWP Coordinator processes your enrollment you will be called or mailed a copy of the enrollment form and informed that you are either eligible for services or ineligible.
For more questions call us at 715-345-5776 or email WWWP Coordinator.