State & Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Program Project Requests
Effective July 26, 2023, Portage County will not be accepting any new project requests until January 1, 2024.
Funding Program Project Requests
To develop a uniform method for receiving requests for funding and authorizing funds. As outlined within the resolution authorizing the process and procedures for Portage County's use of State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Program Project Requests (SLFRF), the Finance Committee will consider the following when evaluating projects for the SLFRF Program:
- Identify the areas of need within the allowed eligible uses
- Determine priorities and best uses of funding to address the highest level of needs, and
- Support sustainable programs which will place Portage County in a better position than it was prior to the funding being received, along with
- Helping the community recover from the negative and economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Finance Department will provide oversight to the process and support the Finance Committee.
Funding Request Process
Program project requests will be received by the Finance Department and reviewed by Finance Committee quarterly according to the following schedule:
||Finance Committee Review & Award
Requests must be submitted by Emailing the Finance Department on the approved State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Program Project Request Form by the due date of each quarter for consideration. Any late requests will be held to the next quarter cycle.
The Finance Department will notify the requestor of the Committee's decision and next steps in receiving the authorized funding. Any recipient of State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Program funding must abide by the terms and conditions of the funding award as outlined by U.S. Treasury and all applicable federal regulations.
- Additional information regarding State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Program funding may be found at the U.S. Department of the Treasury Website
- State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds Program Request form (PDF)
- U.S. Department of the Treasury Expenditure Categories (PDF)
- For questions, please contact the Finance Department.