Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)
Disaster Preparedness Plans for Portage County
The Portage County EOP is an all-hazards approach plan for mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery from major incidents. This document is developed as guidance for departments and agencies and is supported by various Individual Agency Plans (IAPs)
The County EOP is divided into Annexes. Each Annex is updated at a minimum, once a year; some are updated two or three times/year.
Adobe Acrobat required to view documents
- Annex A - Direction and Control
- This Annex describes how the County government will direct and control its personnel and resources during the response to and recovery from a disaster
- Annex A
- Annex B - Communications and Warning
- This Annex identifies the procedures and resources used to provide interagency communications between responders. The Annex also identifies the county's procedures and resources used to provide warning to all county residents in the event of a disaster.
- Annex B
- Annex C - Resource Coordination
- This annex provides a guideline for the coordination of personnel, equipment and agencies needed in response and recovery from a disaster or other major incident.
- Annex C
- Annex D - Law Enforcement
- This annex describes how the county will ensure the protection of life and property during emergency situations. Attachment 10 of this plan describes operations during a Terrorism or Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) event.
- Annex D
- Annex E - Evacuation and Shelter
- Annex F - Human Services
- This annex describes how Portage County will support municipal efforts by delivering human services in a disaster situation.
- Annex F
- Annex G - Public Works and Engineering
- This annex describes how Portage County will coordinate with the municipalities and private utility companies with providing public works services; assess the damage to infrastructure and buildings; restore and maintain essential services and provide technical assistance through specialized personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Annex G
- Annex H - Health, Medical (EMS)& Mortuary
- This annex describes how the county will provide health, medical and mortuary services in a disaster. Attachment 2 of this plan describes operations in support of an animal disease emergency.
- Annex H
- Annex I - Radiological Incidents - Non-Risk
- This annex identifies resources and responsibilities for agencies that will respond to accidents involving radioactive materials.
- Annex I
- Annex J - Public Information-
- The purpose of this annex is to provide an overview of public information procedures in the event of a disaster.
- Annex J
- Annex K - Fire and Rescue Services
- This annex describes how Portage County will assist the municipality to provide a response to hazardous materials events, wildland fires, and fire and rescue service requests.
- Annex K
- Annex L - Damage Assessment
- This annex describes how Portage County will gather information about the disaster from municipalities and agencies for the purpose of prioritizing response and recovery operations, determining if outside assistance is needed, reporting to the State, and keeping long-term records of the event.
- Annex L
DISCLAIMER: The EOP as posted should be used only as a reference document. Some annexes contain confidential information that is not available to the public. The complete and official Portage County EOP is maintained in the Portage County Sheriff's Office, at the Emergency Management Division, 1462 Strongs Avenue, Stevens Point, WI 54481.